Monday, July 24, 2017

Purpose Served

My posts will all have to do with my personal growth.  I will be trying to take to heart all that was intended when the Declaration of Independence, Constitution and the Bill of Rights were written. 

In sharing my efforts to improve myself mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually - as a wife, mom, sister, daughter, friend and woman - I'll consider the flaws in my own perspective that lead to anything less than achieving my goals.

I will recognize that achieving my best self will only occur via my own best efforts.  When obstacles arise that I cause, the others throw my way, or are just a natural part of my path in this life, I will express the efforts that I make internally and externally to not take it all personally and move forward regardless!

Some of my posts will be specific to my personal goals, including health, parenthood, wifehood, money, etc.

Some of my posts will be an expression of my studying and pondering of books written by those who have led, are leading, or made some other impact on the American people.

Some posts will be my reaction to current events.

Something I think is missing from much of the blogosphere is fact checking and referencing. 

If I am spouting anything as fact, I will try to add a link to a credible source. 

Otherwise, you can chalk it up to my own opinion or philosophy.  Of course, I am entitled to shift these at any point in time and I will try to remember to share how I shifted from one opinion to another if/when that happens.  I welcome sincere and considerate supporting and opposing comments. 

Not everyone was taught tact.  It doesn't come naturally to me, but it has been a life-long effort to at least consider how I say things might affect people.  Most often I recognize how I have affected people immediately AFTER saying something.  I do not want to be a person who tells a lie or half-truths just to avoid hurting someone's feelings (I do not think I am responsible for other's feelings), but I do want to be a person who is kind and considerate.  I think this is possible even when paired with being honest and forthcoming.

At any rate, I find I am not very good at lying, even when the truth isn't necessary or helpful. The truth is a beautiful thing regardless and I just can't help myself.  Tact and honesty do not always go together. So please, feel free to be tactless.  I hope you will attempt to not be completely rude, but I'm happy to give you the benefit of the doubt as you express your freedom to speak with me!

We are not all doing the best we can.  I realize most people say - I realize we are all doing the best we can - but I don't think that is true.  I think we can all do better.  I think we have fallen into a habit of doing less than we are capable. 

But I do believe that when we speak or do things, most of us are not consciously trying to hurt each other.  We are trying to figure things out!  So - let's recognize that we are all still learning and we come from imperfect backgrounds.

I also recognize that at some point in time, we all decide we are entitled to the utmost respect and that people should agree with us when we passionately share things.  (I'm sure I am convincing you all to believe my way right now!) We think we are entitled to many things - I'm sure I'll bring entitlement up again in the future.  But I realize, I am not entitled to your kindness, your openness, your honesty - heck, I am not even entitled to your response. 

So here I go, sharing my thoughts, failures and growths into the world wide web - maybe for only my mom to read :)


Let's get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment